Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Exercising After Minor Surgery

How To Get Your Exercise On!

Recently I underwent LASIK Eye Surgery.  I grew tired of constantly having to remember my glasses and everyone told me having this surgery was the best thing they've ever done for themselves....so why not!  Hands down, one of the best things I've ever done.  However, part of the post-op instructions caution you to avoid getting sweat in your eyes.  So how do you maintain your healthy, active lifestyle while still abiding by the post-op instructions?

For the past few days I have kept my eating super clean, super healthy and I have kept my carb consumption low and my water intake high.  As for my workouts, I have been doing circuit training....12 exercises, mostly weights, with 3 minutes of bike riding in between each exercise and a towel handy to wipe the sweat from my brow before it manages to get in to my eyes.  Walking is also a great way to get some cardio in, especially early in the morning when the air is cool.

So, I guess the point of my post is, that no matter is happening in your life, even if you have some restrictions placed on you, it is still possible to get your exercise on!

No comments:

Post a Comment